MiniComp! WINNER POSTED!

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: MiniComp! WINNER POSTED!

Postby sonikamd on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:04 am

I expected a larger turnout as well minisimp :/

A few questions/suggestions.

Question, do the yellow/orange objects need to be cleared to qualify for the clean badge(in the overall game)? Reason I ask is i noticed a lot of the top solutions have added pieces to clear the dynamic objects which seems excessive, I've never bothered with these as I'm under the impression only build objects(sticks, rods, wheels) need to be cleared.

Suggestions, post the date the submissions are due in the title, not when the scores will be released(this confused me as well).

I also like the idea of a leaderboard, or atleast have folks post their current 'total score'. This adds drive for me(dunno about others) to improve my design.
sonikamd

Postby drnull on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:13 am

minisimp wrote:
wd-41 wrote:great levels.

Thanks!

I just wish more people would have participated.

I made sure you could use the dynamic objects in each level and hardly anybody did.
I also made sure you could :boomerang: :champ: each level and nobody did.

Oh well, maybe next time there will be a larger turnout.

Honestly, kinda busy time of year for people, and I find weekend competitions hard to get to sometimes. I waste extra cycles at work more than I bored kid the forums on the weekends. And if I don't see it on the front page, I rarely get to it.

As it was, I had time to do just the last one. I figured the :boomerang: :champ: would make you happy. :)
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=4967999 -21 (I think) :green: :brown: :champ: :boomerang: :lightning: 321
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=4967902 uses one less stick, but the :champ: & :boomerang: are questionable.
drnull

Postby minisimp on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:17 am

sonikamd wrote:Question, do the yellow/orange objects need to be cleared to qualify for the clean badge?

There were two clean badges:
:clean: Clean all build pieces
:dcircle: Clean all dynamic pieces

sonikamd wrote:post the date the submissions are due in the title, not when the scores will be released(this confused me as well).

Yeah, that will be done on the next one.

sonikamd wrote:I also like the idea of a leaderboard, or atleast have folks post their current 'total score'. This adds drive for me(dunno about others) to improve my design.
I like that also, maybe I'll have a leader board for the next comp.
minisimp

Postby sonikamd on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:34 am

ah, thanks for the clarification. I hadn't noticed there was a Dynamic Clean badge, cool.
sonikamd

Postby Rebach on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:45 am

minisimp wrote:
wd-41 wrote:great levels.

Thanks!

I just wish more people would have participated.

I made sure you could use the dynamic objects in each level and hardly anybody did.
I also made sure you could :boomerang: :champ: each level and nobody did.

Oh well, maybe next time there will be a larger turnout.

I was on that first level for ages and couldn't figure out how to use the big orange ball to complete it! Got my hair off with it and just gave up :xd:
Rebach

Postby Marrell on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:21 pm

Holy wtf? Thanks folks! I guess a win is a win and I can't really complain, but where the hell were the other guys? >.<

Edit: Mini I tried for ages to tweak the first level to try to be a boomerang. I also thought about champ/boomerang for a little, but I really wanted :clean: & :dcircle:

I also thought about :boomerang: on the third level but that would have made it so I lost the :waterrod: badge. :-p
Marrell

Previous

Return to Challenges and Games