Here's a simple concept for a challenge:
- Design a Green Champion for each of the 21 free levels (no hacks allowed)
- Total your time for all 21 levels
- Lowest cumulative time wins the challengeChallenge Procedure
- Sign in on this thread if you are interested in participating. (This will let me know if there is any interest and will keep the thread up towards the top of the forum.)
- Post any questions that you might have when you sign in. I want to get any issues ironed out as quickly as possible.
- Submit your solutions to me before midnight on Sunday, Feb 8. (I'm assuming that the times for posts and PMs are the same world-wide.)
- Use the following format for submitting your solutions:
Level No - Level Abbreviation - Ticks - URL
NOTE: The submittal format is important because I will copy the submitted solutions into a spread sheet to check the total times and to sort all solutions to get the fastest one for each level.Key Definitions/Rules
- "Green" means no powered wheels (yellow or pink/purple).
- "Champion" means that the target is permanently parked in the goal.
- "In the goal" does not include the dark border surrounding the goal area. If the target overlaps this dark border, then you will not get the victory screen which means that you didn't reach the goal. See this illustration if I have confused you:http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=5790813
- The small circles used to attach rods to the target will not be used to determine if the target is permanently in the goal. Let me see the pink from the goal area around the target and there shouldn't be any reason for disputes.
- As illustrated in http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=5791015
, sometimes the target will momentarily bounce out of the goal before coming to rest completetly inside the goal. This is still an acceptable solution.
- There is no limit on the number of entrants. However, your cumulative time will need to be less than 2000 ticks to have any chance of winning. My guess is that the winner will be in the 1500 tick range.Other Items of Interest
- The problem of inconsistent replays will have to be worked out on a case-by-case basis. If we can't get several people to see the same thing, we may have to go with posting screen shots of your screen. (Note that there are several free photo-hosting websites available on the 'Net.)
- Glitches - Normally they are outlawed to prevent "explosive" solutions. Since I have never seen an explosive glitch on a green solution, I am not going to worry about glitches or what constitutes a glitch. Chain breaks, water rods passing through the environment, wooden rods passing through each other, etc are all allowed. Frankly, I've had glitches hurt me more than they have ever helped me.
- Changing the level by hacks or by the black-hole glitch is not allowed.
- I will verify all the solutions of the winning entry and the fastest entry for each level. I should have the overall winner and the fastest levels posted Monday night (US eastern standard time).
- If you are stuck on a level, check out the "Simplest Badge Records" thread pinned at the top of the forum for some suggested areas to start. This thread includes links to some other threads of interest as well. I am pointing these threads out to make sure that everyone knows about them.