Bsking's Bracket Competition-Cruiser40 Wins!!!

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby Cruiser40 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 am

Nice solve there too compy. Oh, and your 16 piece was really nice. I played with that level and my first attempt was around 20 pieces.
Cruiser40
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby jdelgado06 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:36 am

wow, an entire page on this thread, just this morning, composed solely of posts from cruiser/jompy/myself. We are keeping FC alive, I suppose.
User avatar
jdelgado06
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby jdelgado06 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:38 am

Cruiser40 wrote:Nice solve there too compy. Oh, and your 16 piece was really nice. I played with that level and my first attempt was around 20 pieces.


I PMed this to compscure, but I didn't post it here... I came close to tweaking a piece of off Remy's 12pc... Maybe someone can tweak it in? It's a fragile little fella.

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11322964 11 close
edit: even closer: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11325615
edit2: painful! http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11325627
User avatar
jdelgado06
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby Cruiser40 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:39 am

Did you make any attempts at a 6-piece like this:

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11325608
Cruiser40
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby jdelgado06 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:42 am

Cruiser40 wrote:Did you make any attempts at a 6-piece like this:

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11325608


it crossed my mind, but I could never get it to do my more than you just did.
User avatar
jdelgado06
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby jdelgado06 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 am

jdelgado06 wrote:
Cruiser40 wrote:Nice solve there too compy. Oh, and your 16 piece was really nice. I played with that level and my first attempt was around 20 pieces.


I PMed this to compscure, but I didn't post it here... I came close to tweaking a piece of off Remy's 12pc... Maybe someone can tweak it in? It's a fragile little fella.

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11322964 11 close
edit: even closer: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11325615
edit2: painful! http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11325627


compscure - here it is
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11325688 11pc :boomerang:
User avatar
jdelgado06
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby Dean-o on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Nice 7pcers, guys. Sorry I wasn't in, I'm not much of a submit-after-I'm-eliminated kind of guy. Like the 11pc, too. Looking forward to the tiebreaker :)
User avatar
Dean-o
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Spreading its influence across the world for everyone to play.

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby jdelgado06 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:52 pm

me too, somebody wake bsking!
User avatar
jdelgado06
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-Cruiser40 Wins!!!

Postby bsking on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Sorry about the delay guys, I checked this morning and didn't have both solves and had to go out of town today.

Congratulations are in order for Cruiser40! He proved to be better than the rest! There is nothing sweeter than being the only name left on the bracket.

Jdel, Compscure, Dean-o, and everyone else, you guys are awesome contraptioneers. I hate tie-breakers but when you pit up the best of the best against each other there usually won't be a non-optimal solve.

Thanks to everyone for competing in my competition, I hope you had as much fun playing in it as I did hosting it. Before we let this thread whither away, I'd like to get some feedback.

Would you be up for another competition like this? Would you prefer a brown/requirement/modified version of the bracket comp? What would you change about the next bracket comp?

Thanks again contraptioneers.
User avatar
bsking
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:21 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby jdelgado06 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:49 pm

but... but...

jdelgado06 wrote:breakthrough.

Hey bsking/Cruiser - I'd like to propose that we don't use a tick tiebreaker... That is, if we tie, we go on to a tiebreaker level. I think it's a fine tiebreaker for earlier rounds, but the champ of a piece count tournament should be determined by a better piece count, and nothing less. Thoughts?

PS: If you guys agree, I'm ready to lock in. If not, I guess I'll spend the day trying to tweak for ticks :)



Cruiser40 wrote:That's fine with me. I'm locked in too.



jdelgado06 wrote:Sigh. Now we have to wait for bsking to wake up and make another level. I just hope we tie again... because we all know about Cruiser's record in tiebreaker tiebreakers...



:???:


edit: I mod-pwn3d your thread title
User avatar
jdelgado06
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am


Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-The Finals!! Jdel vs. Crusher

Postby bsking on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:37 pm

jdelgado06 wrote:but... but...

jdelgado06 wrote:breakthrough.

Hey bsking/Cruiser - I'd like to propose that we don't use a tick tiebreaker... That is, if we tie, we go on to a tiebreaker level. I think it's a fine tiebreaker for earlier rounds, but the champ of a piece count tournament should be determined by a better piece count, and nothing less. Thoughts?

PS: If you guys agree, I'm ready to lock in. If not, I guess I'll spend the day trying to tweak for ticks :)



Cruiser40 wrote:That's fine with me. I'm locked in too.



jdelgado06 wrote:Sigh. Now we have to wait for bsking to wake up and make another level. I just hope we tie again... because we all know about Cruiser's record in tiebreaker tiebreakers...



:???:


edit: I mod-pwn3d your thread title


Wow. Sorry guys, I didn't get to see the ninja'd page of posts. Just got home from a looong day. I would LOVE to make another level. I was really disappointed to see it end in a tie. A new level is coming right up!!!
User avatar
bsking
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:21 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby Dean-o on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Woop :)
User avatar
Dean-o
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Spreading its influence across the world for everyone to play.

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby bsking on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:51 pm

Here you guys go...It's a bit harder than the others but we don't want any more ties now do we? Good luck fellas. Take your time and make it count!

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=572831
User avatar
bsking
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:21 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby Dean-o on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 pm

bsking wrote:Here you guys go...It's a bit harder than the others but we don't want any more ties now do we? Good luck fellas. Take your time and make it count!

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=572831

Love that level.
User avatar
Dean-o
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Spreading its influence across the world for everyone to play.

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby lord_hamybal on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:48 pm

User avatar
lord_hamybal
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:04 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby skateskier on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:51 pm

lord_hamybal wrote:btw how can this be?
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11324445


i think its so small it has no mass
User avatar
skateskier
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:04 am
Location: Trapped in a dark cave with nothing but a laptop

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby Dean-o on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:40 pm

skateskier wrote:
lord_hamybal wrote:btw how can this be?
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11324445


i think its so small it has no mass

then it would be pinned. that's really weird :???:
User avatar
Dean-o
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Spreading its influence across the world for everyone to play.

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby jdelgado06 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:01 am

Cruiser and I confirmed with each other that we have both submitted... So here is mine:

jdel
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11332286
11pc


I really wanted the 10, but i can't seem to get it without the left weight-bounce
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11331850

A big cyber high five for anyone that tweaks the ball down from the 2nd one.
User avatar
jdelgado06
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

Re: Bsking's Bracket Competition-PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!

Postby Cruiser40 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:03 am

Cruiser40
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DOINKSTER, Google [Bot]