Moderation

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Moderation

Postby sammanta on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:57 pm

As to be expected with a forum that has died down to this size, but it struck me that we have no protection against spam, nuisance users, malicious bots etc. without anybody with powers of moderation. I simply wanted to know if there is still anybody out there with a level of power sufficient to deal with the unlikely event of any problems. I know not everyone with power has a differently coloured name, so they may not be obvious, but does anyone know if any of them are still active? I have grown to like this small community after 4-5 years and a few months of lurking back again and would not want the problems of 2009 to return as I think that would pretty much kill the forums.

Thank you.
sammanta

Re: Moderation

Postby dmasters on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:21 pm

I believe compscure has some degree of power on here... (maybe)?
And if there ever was a real problem, Entity, Heliwr, and sk89q are still contactable through irc (and do talk with us occasionally)!
dmasters

Postby sammanta on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:14 am

Good to know. Thanks dmasters.
sammanta

Postby marjo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Yup comscure has, but also jdelgado has a yellow name and he still comes here for the occasional competition.
marjo

Postby DOINKSTER on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:06 pm

I don't know if you know, you can click on the link down on the bottom right that says - The team, it shows the moderators. You can also check to see when they last signed in.
DOINKSTER

Postby sammanta on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:14 am

I knew about the 'the team' thing, that's how I saw they many of the mods hadn't been on here for months or even years. Same goes for many members from back in the day.
sammanta

Return to Feedback and Problems