Hello all you Battle Bot builders. This is the Robot SUMO Tournament. If you want to enter the deadline for signing up is Fri. Nov 21st at 11:59: p.m. To Sign up simply Post a reply saying you want in.
First off Lets start with the rules.
1. You will in no way make a robot that is powered by wheels directly touching the ground e.g. like a car. Your robot must be powered with legs or a clever contraption of your own. Also, if your robot is knocked over and wheels touch the ground it is disqualified. YOUR ROBOT Must have at least one Powered Wheel.
2. You Will Be Fighting against the Bots I make so you will be scored by how effectively and how cleverly you defeat my bots.
3. You must use only your side of the building area...Do not build into the goal...
4.If any part of a bot that is not in constant motion (e.g. the legs that make it move are in a state of constant motion if unhindered) touches the ground that bot loses immediately (such as a "digger" that is so low it rides the ground attempting to uproot the other bot.) -if it is not attached to the four outer connectors of a moving wheel then it cannot touch the ground
5.If your bot lets the other bot pass it and it falls off the side it was moving to it is a loss.
6. To Submit your bot send a message to me with the link.
7. I may add more rules before
the tournament begins to ensure a fair game.
Scoring is like golf... lowest score wins.
- Each rod or stick: +2
-Un-powered wheels: +5
- Powered wheels: +10
- A green solution: -20 (use only one powered wheel)
-A wet solution: -10 (use only water rods with any number of wheels)
-A wood solution: -15 ( use only wood rods with any number of wheels)
-A champion solution: -10 (Your Bot doesn't fall off either edge or violate rule #4 after any victory style)
-A lightning solution: -1 for every 10 ticks under the recommended tick time (if you have 9 ticks under it will not be counted)
Victory Solutions: (only one may be achieved, if you complete multiple the highest negative number will be used)
- A Sumo Solution: -15 (Your bot Pushes the other bot off the edge FIRST)
- A Submission Solution: -20 (Your Bot Flips the other Bot Over FIRST or make it violate rule # 4)
-A Domination Solution: -25 (Your Bot breaks a rod structure of the other bot making it violate rule #4)
Here is an example of a submission solution with awards of http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=4389581
Here is a calculator to help you count your rods and wheels http://fc.therisenrealm.com/tools/hap-calculator
LET THE SIGN UPS BEGIN!!!!!